Regenerative Cellular Therapy in Central Ohio
Regenerative cellular therapy now available at OhioHealth
Joe Ruane, DO, and Medical Director of McConnell Spine, Sport & Joint Physicians is pleased to offer regenerative cellular therapy in central Ohio.
Taking continual steps toward innovation,
we are the first to offer regenerative cellular therapy
as the next option in the rapidly expanding field of regenerative orthopedic medicine.
What is Regenerative Cellular Therapy?
This treatment, also known as stem cell therapy, mesenchymal stem cell therapy, or orthobiologic therapy, activates the body’s natural healing process through injections of the body’s own healthy cells into the injured area to stimulate tissue regeneration and natural healing.
Mesenchymal stem cells are the specific cells used in this treatment. These cells are injected into the injured joint and have the potential to help your body’s ability to naturally repair muscle, bone, joint and soft tissue.
The goal of this therapy is to maintain or delay arthritis, and possibly improve the inside of the knee before permanent arthritic damage is done.
“I have been watching the field of orthobiologics grow and mature for several years, and it is now being offered by reputable providers across the country,” Dr. Ruane said. “It is considered the future of musculoskeletal medicine and we need to push forward into this exciting area.”
Regenerative Cellular Therapy can be helpful for active adults experiencing:
Physician expertise you can trust
Dr. Joe Ruane's training and certification in regenerative cellular therapy:
Faculty Lecturer and Physician Trainer:
- The Regenerative Medicine Training Institute; Jupiter Florida
- American Osteopathic Academy of Sports Medicine Annual Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Seminar
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine Annual Fellow’s Conference
Active Member American Association of Orthopedic Medicine
Primary Investigator in Clinical Research – Effectiveness of Mesenchymal Stem Cell Therapy in Osteoarthritis of the Knee
- Certified: Registered in Musculoskeletal Ultrasound through the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography® (ARDMS®)
- Board Eligible
- AMERICAN BOARD OF REGENERATIVE MEDICINE
- First in Central Ohio to perform ultrasound guided percutaneous tenotomy
- Over 8 years of experience in platelet rich plasma treatments
- More than 100 hours of training in stem cell therapy science and application
- Co-Founder OhioHealth Sports Medicine Institute
- Head Team Physician
- NHL Columbus Blue Jackets
To learn more or to schedule an appointment, call (614) 566-3810.