Become a Member at the McConnell Heart Health Center
Fitness Center Membership
At the McConnell Heart Health Center we understand it's important to select a health and fitness center that helps you achieve your personal best and also works with your busy schedule.
That's why you're making the right choice when you join, where we're winning awards for customer satisfaction.
We'll meet with you to identify your fitness goals and help you develop an exercise plan based on your individual needs. Our spacious exercise areas and state-of-the-art equipment are complemented by a wide variety of group exercise class offerings. The first step to membership at the McConnell Heart Health Center begins with a new member Enrollment Assessment.
Sign Up for a New Member Enrollment Assessment
- We’ll work with you to identify your health and fitness goals and help you develop an exercise plan based on your individual needs.
- We’ll go over membership fees and policies.
Call Membership Services (614) 566.5356 to schedule your assessment.
What to Expect During your New Member Enrollment Assessment
Your appointment will take approximately 1.5 hours and will involve the following:
- Exercise Tolerance Assessment (Required)
This assessment is used to understand how your heart rate and blood pressure respond to exercise and provides a starting point for the building of your exercise program.
- InBody – Body Composition Analysis (Optional)
This assessment measures your muscle mass, water and fat ratios. These results allow you to compare your current body composition to that recommended for optimal health.
- Functional Movement Assessment (Optional)
This assessment helps identify areas of muscle tightness or weakness and the results are used to build great flexibility and strength components into your exercise program.
- Scheduling of exercise orientation appointments (Optional)
Exercise orientations with exercise physiologist are provided to build a personalized exercise program based on your assessment results, goals and health history.
Please call us at (614) 566-5356 for more information on individual (under 65), senior (65 and up) and extended family memberships.
Should I See My Doctor Before Beginning An Exercise Program?
The risk of experiencing a major health problem related to beginning an exercise program is relatively low. However, there are current recommendations for people with certain conditions to see their physician before initiating an exercise program.
See your physician if you have:
- A history of cardiac or pulmonary disease
- Symptoms of chest discomfort, shortness of breath, dizziness, fainting, or palpitations at rest or with exertion
- Two or more risk factors for heart disease, such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, family history of heart disease, or cigarette smoking
- Joint or muscle discomfort that is aggravated by physical activity
Set Yourself a New Goal
Get Your Health Back On Track
Join others in your community in working out and getting healthy! Set up your new member appointment today! Call 614-566-5356