Become a Member at the McConnell Heart Health Center
Fitness Center Membership
At the McConnell Heart Health Center we understand it's important to select a health and fitness center that helps you achieve your personal best and also works with your busy schedule.
That's why you're making the right choice when you join, where we're winning awards for customer satisfaction.
We'll meet with you to identify your fitness goals and help you develop an exercise plan based on your individual needs. Our spacious exercise areas and state-of-the-art equipment are complemented by a wide variety of exercise and education programs.
Sign Up for a New Member Appointment
- We’ll work with you to identify your health and fitness goals and help you develop an exercise plan based on your individual needs.
- We’ll have you complete an Individualized Enrollment Evaluation and the Health and Risk Assessment (HRA) Appointment form to be completed by all new members.
- We’ll go over fitness member program fees and policies, as well as our fitness member guest and “Family Day” policies.
Call (614) 566.5356 to schedule your appointment.
What to Expect During Your New Member Appointment
Your appointment will take approximately 1.5 hours, and will involve the following:
- Blood Work Results
We’ll review with you your lipid profile, including the results of the cholesterol (LDL, HDL, total and ratio), triglycerides, and glucose screenings.
- Health Questionnaire Review
We’ll go over your health assessment and review your lifestyle, family history, medical history and risk factor profile.
- Exercise tolerance Test, Consultation
The exercise tolerance test is used to see how you respond to exercise. Please wear comfortable loose clothing. We’ll also set up orientation appointments with an exercise physiologist to show you how to begin your new program.
Please call us at (614) 566-5356 for more information on fitness membership fees and the health risk assessment. We offer individual, senior and extended family memberships.
The first step to every program at The McConnell Heart Health Center begins with a Health and Risk Assessment. Based on our assessment, program options will be suggested to help you meet your personal health goals.
Should I See My Doctor Before Beginning An Exercise Program?
The risk of experiencing a major health problem related to beginning an exercise program is relatively low. However, there are current recommendations for people with certain conditions to see their physician before initiating an exercise program.
See your physician if you have:
- A history of cardiac or pulmonary disease
- Symptoms of chest discomfort, shortness of breath, dizziness, fainting, or palpitations at rest or with exertion
- Two or more risk factors for heart disease, such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, family history of heart disease, or cigarette smoking
- Joint or muscle discomfort that is aggravated by physical activity
Set Yourself a New Goal
Get Your Health Back On Track
Join others in your community in working out and getting healthy! Set up your new member appointment today! Call 614-566-5356