About Bing Cancer Center
Enhanced Patient Experience
The OhioHealth Arthur G. H. Bing, MD, Cancer Center is a five-story outpatient cancer center located on the Riverside Methodist Hospital campus. The Columbus-based cancer center opened in 2012.
A Beautiful, Comfortable Treatment Facility To Aid In Your Care
From the moment you enter, you’ll feel the difference. Instead of a waiting room, there is a Great Room: a warm, welcoming area with open space, natural light and comfortable furniture that intentionally looks and feels more like a family room than a medical center.
In addition, we are the first cancer center in central Ohio to include physician-directed integrative care in your treatment plan. Integrative care connects standard medical practices with complementary therapies such as massage, acupuncture and manipulation. These evidence-based practices help with stress relief, pain reduction, increased energy and strengthening the immune system.
Cancer Care Under One Roof
When you are being treated for cancer, you’re tired. You need things to be easy. You want care to be accessible.
At the Bing Cancer Center, everything you need for the prevention, diagnosis and outpatient treatment of cancer, along with survivorship care and complementary therapies, is conveniently located in one place.
See your physician, receive your treatment and talk with your patient navigator. Get a massage or take a moment to relax in our Healing Garden. Stop by Over My Head Boutique to choose a wig, or learn more about your cancer at our Resource Library.
It’s all here in one place to make your cancer journey a little more manageable.
The best technology is a must. But so is the best patient experience. You can feel confident knowing we use the most advanced technology available, including:
- Breast tomosynthesis – Scans multiple images of the breast at different angles to produce a series of millimeter slices. This 3-D reconstruction of the breast provides the earliest possible detection of breast cancer. It allows radiologists (doctors specialized in breast imaging) to provide you with detailed results.
- 710 PET/CT – Imaging technology that provides highly accurate results faster.
- L-DEX® – Thanks to our relationship with Komen Columbus, we now have this state-of-the-art technology that measures fluid in tissue to identify lymphedema even before outward signs of limb swelling appear.
About Arthur and Hetty Bing
Drs. Arthur G. H. and Hetty L. Bing were physicians in Indonesia who immigrated to the United States in 1969. Dr. Bing completed residencies in general and plastic surgery at Riverside Methodist and then joined the medical staff as a private practice plastic surgeon.
During his second year of general surgery residency, Hetty was diagnosed with cancer. She underwent successful treatment at Riverside Methodist.
The Bings made it their personal mission to encourage hope, health and healing. They pledged $2 million toward OhioHealth Bing Cancer Center – the largest single physician gift commitment in Riverside Methodist’s history.
Cancer Center Accreditations
The Bing Cancer Center has been officially accredited by the following organizations in recognition of our high practice standards:
- American College of Surgeons (ACOS)
- American College of Radiology (ACR)
- National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC)