Make a Positive Difference in Your Life and the Lives of Others
You can make a difference by volunteering at Grant !
Volunteers are essential to Grant. Volunteers serve the hospital in so many ways - in virtually every department - by providing support to nursing professionals and associates so they can focus their efforts on patient care. Placement depends upon your interests, skills, availability and open opportunities at the time you apply.
Currently, Grant is accepting applications from those 18 years of age and older. Please check back in the near future for additional opportunities as we develop a "Junior Volunteer Program."
I'M READY TO APPLY NOW. CLICK HERE.
Your cheerful, caring, helpful attitude can make a significant impact on a patient's hospital stay. As a volunteer, you may be asked to serve in a number of capacities. Click here for a complete list
General Opportunities Include:
- Nursing Floor Assistant: Assist nursing staff on patient floors by visiting patients, delivering mail and flowers, assisting with chart assembly, restocking patient care supplies on units, discharging patients, greeting and guiding visitors, and much more.
- Volunteer RN: For Ohio-licensed RNs who are either retired or want to re-enter the nursing field, this opportunity affords you the chance to assist with direct patient care, daily hygiene measures, meal setup and feeding, providing emotional support to patients and families, performing vital signs and I & Os, making discharge phone calls, running errands and stocking supplies, and more.
- Mothers' Milk Bank (Victorian Village): Wide variety of duties, including package set up and mailing, processing orders, assisting with communications and marketing efforts, etc...
- Family Practice Centers: Three Grant-oriented centers, including downtown, near eastside, and Grove City locations. Duties including general office tasks, such as filing, copying, faxing, assembling packets, greeting visitors, answering phones, etc...
- Clerical Assistants: Various departments need the help of volunteers to perform clerical duties, including filing, copying, answering the phone, greeting visitors, distributing mail, etc...
- Support Services: Be part of the team which keeps our hospital clean and orderly. Environmental Service and Nutrition Services volunteers are key to helping keep supplies stocked, the cafeteria clean and stocked, and assisting in a wide variety of ways.
- "Wayfinding" Ambassadors: Grand volunteers help direct patients and visitors to their various points of destination around the hospital.
How Do I Become A Volunteer?
If you are genuinely interested in improving the health of those we serve by contributing your time and talent as a volunteer, we want to talk to you! Becoming part of the team that makes Grant great is easy:
- Commit to a regular schedule.
- Attend a Grant volunteer orientation.
- Be trained for your assignment.
- Submit to a hospital-paid tuberculosis test and general health assessment (if needed) before volunteering and once per year thereafter.
- Adhere to a confidentiality agreement.
- Purchase a uniform.
- Wear an ID badge.
- Consent to a background check.
- Perform yearly training/tests.
APPLY NOW by completing a volunteer application. CLICK HERE.
Once we receive your application, you will receive a packet of information in the mail, including information on the next upcoming orientation, required forms, information on how to obtain your background check and TB screening.
Why Become A Grant Volunteer?
Grant is an exciting place where you can meet new people, make new friends and be a part of a team that's committed to the health and wellbeing of those we serve. Grant volunteers have the opportunity to help others, gain new skills or "dust off" old ones and receive great benefits, including:
- Free Parking
- Free Meals
- Free Vaccinations
- Discounts from Local Merchants
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Recognition for a Job Well-Done
- Satisfaction of Helping Others
OhioHealth Grant Medical Center Volunteer Services Department
111 South Grant Avenue
Columbus, OH 43215-1898