Education is the key to maintaining your good health. Grant Health and Fitness Center helps you achieve your best level of health through personalized educational services. Teaching you how to achieve and maintain a balanced lifestyle.
Your appointment will include an individualized one hour consultation with a registered dietitian who will review your current eating habits and provide you with personal recommendations that may include the following:
- Meal planning for consistent carbohydrate intake
- Blood sugar management
- Carbohydrate counting
- Glucometer training
Risk Factor Modification
- Nutrition strategies to lower high cholesterol
- Nutrition strategies to lower high triglycerides
- Nutrition management to lower high blood pressure
- Weight loss
- Achieving healthy weight gain
- Instructions for achieving optimal nutrient intake
- Self management of gestational diabetes
- Activity appropriate recommendations
Healthy Eating Benefits
- Weight loss
- Enhanced self-esteem, body image and confidence
- Increased energy
- Decreased risk factors
How to Enroll
With a referral prescription from your physician, some insurance plans will cover nutrition and diabetes education services. Please check with your provider prior to your appointment date if you wish to submit services to your insurance provider. Referrals can be faxed to (614) 566.8004.
Free parking at Grant Medical Center is available for nutrition and diabetes education appointments. You will receive a parking pass at the time of your appointment.
For additional information, please call (614) 566.8934. To schedule an appointment, please call (614) 566.1111.