We are pleased to offer charity care and medical financial assistance to patients with limited resources and inadequate medical insurance coverage. Eligibility is determined by total family income/assets. The patient is encouraged to apply for other assistance available to pay hospital charges (Medicaid, Medicare, private insurance) before being discharged.
OhioHealth's charity care policy
OhioHealth is a family of not-for-profit, faith-based hospitals and healthcare organizations. In Columbus, we have a unique healthcare system where all of the not-for-profit hospitals provide high quality care to everyone, regardless of their ability to pay. This system allows OhioHealth to provide one of the most compassionate charity care policies to individuals and families who cannot pay for medically necessary healthcare services they receive at our facilities.
OhioHealth's charity care policy includes:
- Substantial charity care guidelines that provide free care for individuals and families who earn less than 200 percent of the federal poverty level.
- Sliding scale fees to provide substantially discounted care for individuals and families who are between 200 and 400 percent of the Federal poverty level.
- Hardship policy for those patients who would not otherwise qualify for charity care but have unique circumstances.
For more information about charity care and medical financial assistance, please contact customer service at (614) 566.1505 or contact a financial counselor using the phone numbers listed below:
- Riverside Methodist Patient Financial Services: (614) 566.5059
- Grant Patient Financial Services: (614) 566.9611
- Doctors Hospital Patient Financial Services: (614) 544.2473
- Grady Memorial Patient Financial Services: (877) 609.9492
- Dublin Methodist Patient Financial Services: (614) 544.8330
- Marion General Hospital Patient Billing Office: (740) 383.8530
- Hardin Memorial Patient Account Information: (419) 675.8262
- O'Bleness Hospital Patient Financial Services: (740) 566.4803
- Mansfield Hospital Patient Financial Counseling: (419) 526.8464
- Shelby Hospital Patient Financial Counseling: (419) 526.8464
For information on OhioHealth hospital billing policies, please click on the links below:
Riverside Methodist Medical Financial Assistance Information
Grant Medical Financial Assistance Information
Doctors Hospital Medical Financial Assistance Information
Grady Memorial Medical Financial Assistance Information
Dublin Methodist Medical Financial Assistance Information
Marion General Financial, Privacy and Rights Information
Hardin Memorial Hospital Financial Information
O'Bleness Hospital Financial Information
Mansfield Hospital Financial Information
Shelby Hospital Financial Information