Each month, between 40 and 50 medical students have the opportunity to go on rotations at Riverside. Residents are actively involved in teaching medical students about the practice of medicine in various forms. We offer the following required and elective rotations.
Internal Medicine or Medicine Subspecialties
Obstetrics/Gynecology & Subspecialties
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Surgery and Surgery Subspecialties
Students from LCME and AOA Accredited Medical Schools (not affiliated with Riverside Methodist Hospital) must:
- Be in good academic standing
- Have a passing USMLE or COMLEX Step 1 score
- Have completed a core (junior level) clerkship
- May take up to two 4-week electives for a total of eight weeks at the discretion of the department
- Be authorized by home medical school to take the rotation/course and receive credit
- Have malpractice insurance coverage
- Have personal health insurance coverage
- Have documentation of immunizations for the following:
- Diphtheria/Tetanus booster within 10 years
- Hepatitis B vaccination or immune status
- Tuberculin status with documentation* and intra-dermal PPD (completed prior to beginning of each academic year)
- Chicken pox disease history or titer, MMR for applicants after 1957
Complete an OhioHealth Rotation Application.
This form must be submitted on time. Due date for visiting residents: the beginning of the academic year. Due date for medical students: 60 days prior to the rotation start date. All fields are required unless noted otherwise. Please allow up to 10 business days for a response to your request.