700 East Broad Street, 1st Floor
Columbus, Ohio 43215
Scheduling: (614) 917-1670
Fax: (614) 947-3991
The Downtown Endoscopy Center, in partnership with OhioHealth physicians, is a fully licensed outpatient surgery center with an exclusive focus on endoscopy procedures.
In this reassuring setting, patients receive state-of-the-art care provided by highly-qualified specialist physicians and technical staff with access to the advanced services of Grant Medical Center conveniently located nearby.
Directions and parking
We are located at 700 East Broad Street, about one mile east of the intersection of Broad and High Street - just east of the Broad Street exit from I-71. Please park in the designated patient parking area located north of the building.
What you need to know
Before your procedure
- Preparation: Your physician will provide pre-procedure instructions that include restrictions on eating and fluid intake. Please follow these instructions carefully so your procedure can be completed as scheduled.
- Plan for transportation and support: Ask a support person to bring you to the Center, remain in the vicinity during your procedure and drive you home. Your support person will come into the recovery room to listen to and sign your discharge instructions and escort you home. If you do not have a support person to drive you home, your procedure may be cancelled.
- Plan for support at home: You will also need someone with you for the first 24 hours after you return home while you recover from the medications.
- Plan your whole day away from normal activities: Your procedure, including check-in and recovery time, will last two to three hours. Because of the medications you receive, you will be unable to drive or return to work the same day.
- Childcare: Please make arrangements for childcare - our Center reception or recovery areas are not designed to accommodate children.
Day of procedure
To make your experience go smoothly, please:
- wear loose-fitting clothing
- bring your health insurance card and a photo ID
- leave your valuables at home
When you arrive, the Center staff will greet you and help you complete your registration. You will be escorted to a room, change into a patient gown and an IV will be started. Your physician will talk to you about your procedure and what to expect.
After your procedure, you will be taken to the recovery room. When you are ready, your physician will discuss your test results with you and your support person, and the nurse will be available to answer your questions and provide more information. If you need any follow-up appointments or procedures, our staff will help arrange them for you.