Healthcare Services and Programs
OhioHealth fully supports a mother's decision on how to feed her baby. If you choose to breastfeed, our board-certified lactation consultants can help you develop the skills you need for successful breastfeeding. We provide breastfeeding support before you deliver, during your hospital stay and after you've taken your baby home.
Our breastfeeding services help those who are:
- Expecting a baby and want to learn breastfeeding techniques early
- Learning how to breastfeed a newborn baby
- The mother of a premature baby or a baby with other special needs
- Adopting a baby and would like to breastfeed
- The mother of multiple infants (such as twins and triplets)
- Questioning how to go back to work while continuing to breastfeed
You may consider private lactation consultations for the following:
- Prenatal breast assessment - Before your baby arrives, we provide nipple and breast care instruction. We address any concerns you may have about flat or inverted nipples and other breast issues.
- Attachment and positioning techniques - Learning how to help your baby properly attach to your breast may be the single most important breastfeeding instruction you need. We guide you through techniques for a successful breastfeeding experience.
- Milk quantity assessment - We assess the quantity of milk your baby is receiving by monitoring his or her weight. This service helps to alleviate concerns you may have about your baby's nourishment.
- Nipple soreness - We teach you proper attachment techniques that help alleviate nipple soreness and discomfort. We also discuss options available if soreness should occur.
- Breastfeeding observation - As you breastfeed your baby, your personal skilled consultant coaches you to improve upon techniques and avoid future issues.
Breastfeeding services are available at the following OhioHealth locations:
The Women's Center
Riverside Methodist Hospital
First Floor, Yellow Area Entrance
3535 Olentangy River Road
Breast Pump Rental Agreement (PDF)
The Ann Burba Crane Center for Women and Babies
Grant Medical Center
Fourth Floor, Grant Avenue Entrance
111 South Grant Avenue
Columbus, OH 43215
Doctors Hospital Maternity Center
5100 West Broad Street
Columbus, OH 43228
Grady Memorial Hospital
561 West Central Avenue
Delaware, OH 43015
Dublin Methodist Hospital
7500 Hospital Drive
Dublin, OH 43016
Marion General Hospital
1000 McKinley Park Drive
Marion, Ohio 43302
To speak with a lactation consultant, or to ask about pump rental and other breastfeeding supplies, call the numbers listed above.
Learn more online about OhioHealth's breastfeeding classes. You can also call (614) 4-HEALTH (443-2584) or (800) 837.7555.
OhioHealth Patient & Visitor Guide
Tour Our Maternity Centers