Responding to the Crisis
At OhioHealth, we are closely monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak in Ohio. This page contains updates about the actions we are taking at our care sites to protect our patients, associates and the communities we serve.
How OhioHealth is Preparing for COVID-19
We are taking many proactive steps at all of our care sites to protect our patients, visitors and providers, including:
- Screening all who enter our hospitals and care sites and limiting access for those who have signs, symptoms, travel history or contact with COVID-19.
- Implementing protocols for treating suspected and confirmed COVID-19 cases.
- Flagging patients who meet symptoms or travel criteria with an alert in our electronic health record system.
- Activating the OhioHealth Emergency Clinical Response Team to serve as first responders. This well-trained team has been tasked with the safe care of suspected and confirmed COVID-19 patients.
- Keeping an infection prevention specialist on call 24/7 who can immediately respond to any situation.
- Confirming OhioHealth has a significant amount of emergency supplies, including personal protective equipment.
- Updating contingency plans to prepare for all possible outcomes of the outbreak.
- Consistently reassessing the COVID-19 situation, working closely with our public health partners and revising our internal action plans as necessary.
We’ve gathered information from our experts and trusted sources about things like who’s at risk, how to stay well and what to do if you get sick.
Answers to your top questions about the new coronavirus, with recommendations from the CDC.GET THE FACTS
Turn Panic Into Empowerment
We present facts that can help reduce your worries and restore a sense of calm.FEEL EMPOWERED
Disinfecting Your Home
We cover what products you should use and the best practices for keeping surfaces clean.STAY SAFE